Sometimes, you’re in a period of your life when everything seems to spin out of control. It seems like you have so much to do, yet so little time to get it done. Maybe you’re juggling between work and family priorities. Maybe you’re also supporting someone in need, or trying to cope with the bills or the relationships in your life. At the same time, you might be trying to find time to keep your living space as organized as possible. The worst thing about this is having no clue where to start from.
If you can really relate to this, trust me – you’re not alone. The stress brought by life itself can sometimes make you want to escape from it all. But in reality, there’s absolutely no need to escape. You are right where you have to be, and all you need is a little order in your life to make you feel more organized and in control. We reckon you should start by doing these 5 little things, every day:
1. Write up a short to-do list
However, do not overestimate your ability – do not include more than 5-7 items on your list, to avoid disappointing yourself. Always remember – nothing gets done without getting started.
2. Make your bed
4. Do one laundry load at a time, from start to finish
These tasks don’t have to be done in one go – develop a system that works best with your routine. For instance, you can unload the dishwasher while waiting for your coffee to brew in the morning, etc. Clean kitchen = happy you!
Put it into practice!
Now that you’ve read this, you just might consider starting to apply some of the tips to your life. But am I right in saying you’re still doubtful about all this?
To try making it more realistic for you, we’re presenting you with an example of what could be your new stress-free daily routine (or something along those lines). Take the time to think about how you can use these ideas to your advantage, and incorporate them into your everyday life. You won’t be sorry!
Example morning routine
- Get up, make your bed, and make coffee (while brewing the coffee, unload the dishwasher)
- Spend 10 minutes journaling, looking at your to-do list, reading the headlines, meditating, or praying, while having your coffee/breakfast (check out our tips about how to energize your morning)
- Start a load of laundry
- Do 10 minutes of quick exercise (search for a YouTube video workout, do some Yoga (check out our collection of Yoga poses to help you de-stress), or go for a run or walk around the block)
- Shower, get dressed in something you love, do your hair and makeup
- Switch the laundry from the washer to the dryer
Example evening routine
- Load the dishwasher, start it, and wipe all the countertops
- Fold and put away the load of laundry you washed and dried in the morning
- Lay out your clothes for the next day
- Take 5-15 minutes doing something you love
- Do these soothing exercises on your bed before going to sleep